Aphorisms Galore!

Discussions

There are lots of topics of discussion here at Aphorisms Galore! For instance, it's possible to discuss each aphorist, each category and even each individual aphorism or submission. This page gives you a bird's-eye view of what is being discussed by listing the most recent comments posted by Aphorisms Galore! users and visitors.

<< < 481–500 (520) > >>

Comment(no title)  ·  posted 2001 by Jojo

Les enfants ont plus besoin que de modèles que de critiques.

CommentArtist Community  ·  posted 2001 by Cathode

[url]http://www.hellomonkey.com[/url]

--- exceprt from site --- Whataya' get?

By becoming a Hellomonkey User you gain the ability to post your work on Hellomonkey.com. Be it animation, comics, music, photography, or something that cannot be categorized by such words as "it," "thing," or "is" but must be experienced to be truly understood, it has a potential home at Hellomonkey.

But that's not all!

You'll also be able to post a resume using our resume builder. Searching for an employer, patron, or some other sort of art junkie willing to pay you for their next fix? Direct them to Hellomonkey.com where they can find your latest work and a PRINTABLE copy of your resume! As we grow, we plan to make resumes searchable by category, etc. so people with money (so called "suits") can easily find a genius (you) visual artist, writer, muscian, etc. for the big project they're working on.

By posting your work and a resume on Hellomonkey, you gain exposure to a broader audience. Said audience is small (relatively) but it is growing and with it (theoretically) so will your chances of hooking up with an insane millionaire who thinks that you're the perfect individual to paint a mural depicting the final seige of Constantinople on the head of a pin and then cast it into the Black Sea. Such a profound statement!.

But beware!

We do reserve the right to choose what we will or will not post on Hellomonkey. Yes it is censorship. Of course it is arbitrary. But if we won't take it, there's plenty of other places on the web that will.

So, that's it. What'd you expect? A free party hat? If you have any ideas on how we could make Hellomonkey a better place for you to hang out online, let us know.

Commentbetter angels  ·  posted 2001 by b.m.straw

What's the complete quote about "listening to our better angels?" I think it's A. Lincoln.

Comment"good enough is never good enough" Nash?  ·  posted 2001 by Ken

My boss has me looking for a quote from, according to him, Odgen Nash. The poem with the quote has a "lesson" that we are trying to demonstrate. The quote is something like:"'Good enough' is never good enough".Does anyone recognize this quote and know its source?Thanks.

CommentDid Somerset Maugham say this?  ·  posted 2001 by Tina

I once read a wonderful truism and would like to find it again. It said something like this--it is said that a man gains character by doing things he does not like to do. If that is the case, I must have great character because every day I do 2 things I hate to do--I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. I think it is from a novel by W. Somerset Maugham, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know the exact quote and source?

CommentFlaubert's Great Love  ·  posted 2001 by Stan Vaughan

Does anyone know if Elise FOUCAULT Judee Schlesinger, the great unrequited love of Flaubert's life, was related to Foucault of Foucault's Pendulum fame?

Commentwho is Anthony J. D'Angelo  ·  posted 2001 by Colette

I am unable to find anything about this quoted person. Does anyone know who he is? Thanks

Comment(no title)  ·  posted 2001 by Risto Kangas

Does anyone know where this author comes from.

Comment(no title)  ·  posted 2001 by Mark Krcmarik

I'm trying to find a book

I'm a trouble as to where in hell to look

Its not for me as you couldn't see

its for my sister millie

It has a poem we think by Ogden

I'll do my best to write out as he did pen

I quote (as I remember)

Godfrey Gordon Gustovus Gore Would you kindly shut the door

That's It that's all I remember. I read it for my brother

If somebody rembers this poem or where its written I would appreciate their help in finding the book that its in .

Many thanks

Comment(no title)  ·  posted 2001 by elysia

I was looking for a Tennessee Williams quote. It goes something like this... "There are so many lonely people in the world that its a shame to be lonely alone" its not exact, but close, and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

CommentWhen the government....  ·  posted 2000 by Stryfe

When the government fears the people, we have liberty. When the people fear the government, we have tyranny. When we have a liberal tyrant, we have Al Gore.

CommentFamous Quote!!!  ·  posted 2000 by Robert M. Hensel

May the words that flow between two lines, connect us to a world of peace.

CommentWho is Charles Brower?  ·  posted 2000 by Scott Kortemeyer

Does anyone have information on who Charles Brower is, or for what he is known?

Comment PC  ·  posted 2000 by Garrett

Does any one see an application to the current climate of Political Correctness?

<< < 481–500 (520) > >>