Aphorisms Galore!

Discussions

Sometimes, users and visitors to Aphorisms Galore! feel the urge to comment on something, or even to start a discussion on a brand new topic. Sometimes, those users and visitors are living breathing human beings and not spam robots. When that happens, their messages show up here. (Some messages from spam robots may also appear from time to time, but I try to make sure they don't.)

261–280 (356)

Women quotes  ·  posted 2001 by Shade

It is sad to see so many quotes that are anti-woman. And sad to see most of the few pro-women quotes are unattributed. I can only guess this is because history does not tend to remember or honour the strong woman, who made strong statements, although someone may remember what she said.

Lyman Beecher  ·  posted 2001 by Kat

I need any information that people have on Lyman Beecher!!! Please send it by Nov. 1 2001 to purrfect909@hotmail.com

Point of Origin: The road to hell is....  ·  posted 2001 by TT

I have a supervisor at work who is constantly reminding the staff that "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." Could someone please respond with the point of origin for this aphorism. thanks tt.

Point of Origin: The road to hell is....  ·  posted 2001 by TT

I have a supervisor at work that is constantly reminding the staff that "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." Could someone please respond with the point of origin for this aphorism. thanks tt.

Bio on Sandra Carey  ·  posted 2001 by gary hellman

Can anybody give me information on her and how to contact her. I want her permission to use her wisdom quote on a project.

Gary at hellmang@aol.com

Lets just smile anyway!  ·  posted 2001 by Dollydags

Happiness is a state of mind, misery seems to spread all over!!

book of Samuel Butler containts.........  ·  posted 2001 by Roger De Sa Leon

Please, I´am requiered text and book where Samuel Butler write y aphorisms "Logic....."

Something the Chew on  ·  posted 2001 by Orb

Heres somthing to think about. In Science, there exists the nuetron, the proton and the electron. each having its own unique charge, and each,very unalike. all work together to form the atom in a balance that keeps them together to form what gives us all life. it is a balance between the nuetral, the positive and the negative energies. our lives are so very similar to that, yet people dont respect that balance, they believe that one charge has to rule over all(I.E you have to be the good guy, or the Badguy) but in doing so disrupt the balance that has kept us alive for so long. as madwolf from UHA, once said, total peace is not the answer, nor is total chaos. we must learn to respect the balance the precedes us. learn to keep that balance in order. it is what has kept our world in order of hundreds of thousands of years. but humans are ignorant, they refuse to accept this balance, they refuse to obey the laws of that balance. they think u HAVE to be good or bad. religion is an easy way of imposing that "choose your side" ideal onto others. those who are religious blow most ideals off like "yea whatever, not worth my time" because they believe the bible has 'all' the answers. Religion is not seperate, no one religion out there teaches anything different from the other. they say the same old crap and babble, all mean the same thing. we have yet to realize that they all DO mean the same thing, they all are One. we still squabble and fight over the names, the words, and the way of using those words,but in doing so we fail to see what they truly Mean. Mind you... you wouldnt know about the stars without the empty void of space to see them with. without light there can be no darkness. without the evil, there can be no good. without the proton, there would be no atom. everything has a balance, and that balance must be sustained in order for us to achieve a greater plane of existance. that balance must be held in order for us to continue, and that balance, is what keeps our world...

Read More

(no title)  ·  posted 2001 by Aaron A

Tristan, for once I am certain you are speaking the truth.

On neighbors and hedges  ·  posted 2001 by Alex

"Love you neighbor; yet don't pull down your hedge," is written by Benjamin Franklin. The source is Prentice Hall: Literature: The American Experience, pg 111.

RH Junior???? Oh puhleez...  ·  posted 2001 by Petronius Arbiter II

Hello to all, I just discovered Aphorisms Galore today, and added a couple of quotes. I then discovered there are about twenty or so recent entries from user name "RH Junior," who is basically trying to post a lot of quotes, of exceedingly dubious value from none other than... himself. Do others besides me think that is a misuse of this web site. Frankly, I'm not impressed by RH's alleged wit and wisdom, virtually all of which seems to be neither witty nor wise.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE 4 ALL !!!!! READ PLS !  ·  posted 2001 by yaseer

Hello and thank you for giving me a moment of your busy schedule to read what could be the most important E-mail you have ever received.

If you have no idea about Islam, or you have a bad impression about Islam, without ever learning about Islam from its source, this message is for you.

First, I would like to recommend that you do not take a defensive position from this message. This message must not be considered an attack on your beliefs, a message that must be objected by all means. On the contrary, you are expected to deal with this message with objectivity, fairness, and open mind. This message is for your own worldly and eternal benefit if you give it serious consideration rather than facing it with swift emotional rejection. Let there be no mistake about it, your reaction to this message will likely decide your eternal fate (good or bad).

You are hereby invited to learn more about Islam, and to see for yourself why Islam is the religion of truth, the same religion that all messengers of God "Allah" were sent with, since the father of humanity Adam, followed by Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and Mohammad, in addition to other messengers of God peace be upon them all.

Regardless of your religion, or your beliefs, Islam has a lot to offer you, and you have a lot to benefit and nothing to loose from Islam as God "Allah" said in the Quran: "We have verily sent you ‘Mohammad' but a mercy to the creatures."

Contrary to almost all other religions, the more you know about Islam (and the Quran), the more you like it and the more you get convinced that it is not man-made. In Islam, every thing makes sense and we've got nothing to hide in the process of calling people to Islam. The more knowledgeable a person is in Islam, the stronger Muslim he becomes, contrary to people believing in other religions who, the more knowledgeable they become in their faith, the more convinced they get that it can not be God's pure word for the many contradictions, discrepan...

Read More

what does energy cost have to do with un  ·  posted 2001 by kenneth j roberts

If some one would wake up and stop saying the tax rebates will pull our economy out of the doldrums and look at the real reason for the down turn in the American economy then we will be able to better understand what is the real problem . When the average american family has an extra 100.00 a month to spend on just shoping and that is the key to an up beat economy is the people must have that 100.00 a month to spend as they wish and the fact of the matter is now they are forced to spend the mad money they used to have for yes you guessed it (gasoline ) i am sure that most people spend in excess of $ioo a month extra on energy than they did in the previous months before the gas prices went out of sight ,if you want to know where the economy is it is in the back pockets of the oil companies, they and they alone are responsible for the low economic state we are in right now. If the government could set the prices back to say 1.09 a gallon the economy would start rolling upward not down and this one item would prevent a reccession faster than any 12 things we could do to start the economy up again . It happened over night in Jimmy Carters presidency and it is a repeat only worse of that era,people don't regognize the reason for the low economy as they used to they have a republican to blame it on . Carter was a democrat and we were in a very bad time during his term ,it makes no differance if we had an independant president the out come would be the same ,increase energy cost and the whole ball of wax starts to melt and the recession comes right after the increase in energy costs .

261–280 (356)